Polypropylene, Polyester and Steel are the most used strapping materials. All three have their own benefits and limitations and their selection depends on the specific needs of the industry. Bands made by these materials are named as Polypropylene strap (PP strap), Polyester Strap PET Strap Roll and Steel strap.
PET Strap Rolls are preferred by the industries for heavy load applications. PET straps can sustain high tension for longer duration of time and have high stretch recovery.
Standard Colors : Dark Green & Light Green. Other colors on request subject to minimum required quantity Core Size : 8“ (203) 16“ (406)
Elongation : Up to 18%
Packing : One roll per pack
Benefits of PET Strap Roll:
- Can withstand high tension for longer time duration.
- The material maintains its properties even at high temperatures.
- Will not rust or corrode the product.
- Best for Heavy Load Handling tasks.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Low Failure rate compared to steel straps.
- These straps are Lighter than Steel Straps.
- Performance does not depend on type of the machine.
- Does not recoil while cutting under tension.
- Easy to handle.
- Excellent resistance to shocks and impacts.
- Can be used as an alternative to steel straps for variety of applications.
- Is available in wide range of colors than PP Strap Roll.
Limitations of PET Strap Roll
- The only limitation of this material is that it has less elasticity than PP strap.
- Yes, it is used to sustain heavy loads but still the capacity to handle heavy loads is lesser compared to Steel Strap.